Thursday 22 December 2011

Merry Christmas ,

December was much much much hectic than I had thought it would be. My birthday, then hospitalization, then my assignments really kept me busy and away from crafting .

I was honoured ( : D ) by Jovita Serrao Dsouza  who invited me as a guest blogger for her Christmas Special... Thanks girlie for considering me worth . So then I thought to club this one with the ICRC 13 and Kalindi  blog anniversary contest.. Sorry Kalindi my assignments kept me busy to post this earlier :)

Now about the card..... The theme for ICR was to make a Christmas card with non-traditional colors ( NO REDS NO GREENS and and and NO WHITE BACKGROUND ...... :( )



Kalindi challenged us to make a card based on the theme " Unconditional Love " and and and no punches or any machinery to be used ....

I always feel Jesus Christ truly lived for the happiness of mankind and  even died for the same. Is'nt it a coincidence that Christmas falls exactly at the year end to give us happiness when one more year is slipping away from our hand ......What more can I say about his Love for mankind ........

Christmas in childhood meant 8 days vacation, party at a friends house and that yummy cakes to relish. With growing years I understood the true meaning of christmas. I remember making life size Santas for friends with Velvet papers and lots of cotton. I love creating crib as much as I love making the mud forts in Diwali . There's so much we can express with out words ...

I have tried to make layered easel card depicting the birth of Jesus Christ. ( Though my sheeps are well fed and too fatty  :D ) ... I had to do lots of planning for getting those figures perfect and YES everything is hand cut ( Except for the punch on cover page and sentiments ( Thanks Jovi for the lovely sentiment gift fromPie Lane )

 Thats my closed Christmas Easel Card. I loved the look the puching has added on to the black paper. Snce I was making this card keping the ICRC in mind I could'nt use Red, Green or White back ground ....( Rules dear ) The flowers are quilled :)


Thia is how the card looks when opened up..............



As the cover easel takes its place and all the layers arrange themselves , this picture comes in effect....

A close up of the quilled flowers :D


Close up of the crib... I  have used cotton and hay for stuffing... just to give it a little 3D effect... Actually had  wanted to use the golden glitter but couldn't find ( as usual ) so ended up using the Fuchsia instead ..But Golden would have looked much better I guess.....


Another close view....


And here.... This is the side view... The Orange gap you see is actually a pocket opening on readers RHS to insert personalized message ....

Ahhhhh Thats it .......

Let me know your views ...

Happy Crafting,
Meghna



3 comments:

  1. Meghna what a unique and wonderful creation-- you have recreated the nativity scene so beautifully

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card..I love the silhouettes!! Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful creation dear..love to follow ur blog

    http://lav-art-craft-food.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete